Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back in Bangkok... Where there will be a chance of sleep and Pad Thai Prayers...

You know that feeling you get after a long boat ride, the feeling that you are still moving. What's it called? Sea legs? Well, after 32 hours of travel, I have some serious air legs. I wish I could sleep it off. With the jet lag and my bursting excitement at seeing my kids again,  there will be no chance of sleep in my near future.  Maybe tomorrow, I'll sleep.

In the meantime, I 'll head down to my favorite mom and pop thai place,  carb -load up on the best Pad Thai, EVER. I'll say quite prayers to the sleep Gods in between breathless gulps of noodles, my glasses fogging up from dish an the afternoon sun, sweat dripping down my face. I may even wash down my noodles with a Singha. Who knows? I'm an MFA candidate at 40, I'm all over some crazy shit like beers at 10am and no sleep for days!!

I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: